New Hampstead Savannah, GA
A dynamic mixed-use development in Savannah, GA
New Hampstead is a fully entitled Planned Unit Development (PUD) ideally located in a fast-emerging area of Savannah, Georgia. The property lies centrally within the next primary growth corridor of the City and represents a mixed-use plan that will include a wide range of residential and commercial product offerings. The community is designed around a core Village Center that will offer multi-family living, commercial retail, professional office space, exceptional shopping, dining, social and recreational opportunities for all. Significantly, it fills a void in the market: successful neighboring communities are approaching build-out and serves as the new gateway from Pooler to the City of Savannah.
About New Hampstead
In 2006, the property became fully entitled as a master-planned residential and commercial community known as the New Hampstead Planned Unit Development (PUD). Today, New Hampstead is being meticulously planned to provide a unique quality of life experience characteristic of traditional and conventional designed neighborhoods. It will consist of a historical architectural theme (befitting the Lowcountry), water features, comprehensive recreational amenities, passive and active parks, trail systems, school and other institutional community assets.
The plan is connected by a system of primary roads with a planned system of leisure trails for bicycles, golf carts, and pedestrians. At full build-out, the New Hampstead PUD is permitted to consist of approximately 10,000 dwelling units that are allocated among the residential, mixed-use, and multi-family districts. The New Hampstead development is substantially complete with key infrastructure in place to support immediate land sales and building construction.
Several tracts within the New Hampstead PUD have been sold to national and regional home builders, or commercial interests, with the remaining approximately 3,300 acres and 9,819 total dwelling units now approved for New Hampstead Holdings, LLC and its affiliates.
Of particular note is the substantial green-space and parkland created when Preserve Communities placed an 863-acre portion of the property in a Conservation Easement. This space will be used by the City of Savannah for active and passive park and represents a significant expansion to the relatively modest 50-acre park originally planned.
*Property owned by Preserve South Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries and branded and marketed under license by Preserve Communities, LLC.
Facts & Features
- Located in the city of Savannah growth corridor within the I-95 and I-16 quadrants
- Largest active master-planned community within the Savannah/Tri-County market
- 4,300-acre planned unit development located in the City of Savannah
- 160 acres of Village Center surrounded by residential communities
- 88 acres of commercial and institutional uses
- Over 900 acres of active and passive public park area
- 16 acres of public service sites
- 131 acres of multi-family development
- 9,819 single-family and multi-family units
- National, regional and local builders & developers with SF & MF product
- Traditional and conventional neighborhoods
- Homes from $250,000 to $750,000
- Age-preferenced neighborhoods with numerous products
- Approximately $45M of prior infrastructure investment presently in place
- Business model: parcel sales, improved lot sales, joint venture opportunities
- Projected gross land sales: $3 billion in combined horizontal & vertical yield
- Not a golf community
- Amenity plan: a range of active/passive recreational opportunities
- In 2012, Savannah Chatham County Public Schools opened a 1,200-student, state-of-the-art high school at New Hampstead, & a middle school is slated to be built on the same site starting in 2020
Most importantly, Savannah is growing—outward. Consistently named one of the “world’s friendliest cities” by Condé Nast Traveler readers, Savannah is known for its sincere hospitality, inviting sea breezes, and a festive atmosphere all the year round. Savannah is ideally suited for multi-generational families with a variety of interests and pursuits.
To learn more about Savannah, visit the following: