East Argent Hardeeville, SC
A highly sought-after location near Bluffton, SC
The East Argent Planned Development District, perfectly situated between U.S. 278 and Hwy. 170, represents the largest development in Hardeeville’s history. The property is within easy reach of Old Town Bluffton, as well as the well-established tourist destinations Hilton Head, Beaufort, and Savannah. The East Argent plan represents a 7,350-acre community that will include 9,500 residential homes and 1.2 million sq. ft. of commercial retail and office space. This means major growth for the town of Hardeeville, which, with its close proximity to Bluffton and Savannah, has become one of the fastest-growing, most sought-after areas in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and Coastal Georgia.
About East Argent
East Argent is directly in the “path of development” from Hilton Head Island, to Bluffton, to Hardeeville down US Hwy 278. The property is 15 minutes west of the historic Old Town Bluffton, 25 minutes west of Hilton Head Island, and 35 minutes north of Savannah, GA. The Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, and Beaufort metro area was the 12th-fastest growing community in the nation from 2014 to 2015, according to statistics released by the U.S. Census Bureau. The area is home to premier communities, including the award-winning Palmetto Bluff, a 20,000-acre waterfront community owned by Crescent Communities; Hampton Lake, the Reed Group’s highly successful lake property; and Del Webb’s Sun City with over 8,000 homes.
Significantly, a number of large projects are now in the early stages of development within East Argent. There are two joint ventures with a prominent area developer, the Reed Development Group (one a visionary master-planned community by Argent Land Holdings, LLC and the Reed Group, and another to build approximately 1,000 homes for national and regional builders). In addition, two large multi-family parcels are under contract—a new 40,000-square-foot regional YMCA facility is planned to be built on land donated by affiliates of Preserve Communities, and a state-of-the-art assisted living facility is in the planning stages, as well. It is also anticipated that a major regional grocer will be building a supermarket on the parcel they have owned since the mid-2000s at the project’s entranceway located on Hwy 170.
Overall, there are plans for over 4,400 residential units of development that have been contracted for, or are in the process of being contracted for, in the last six months alone.
Facts & Features
- Range of residential and multi-family product offerings and price points
- 7,350-acre PUD located in city of Hardeeville
- Convenient commercial & retail village centers
- Exceptional amenities
- 1,500 acres of active passive park land
- 9,500 units with range of neighborhood residential offerings
- National, regional, and local builders developers with SF & MF product
- Active neighborhoods under construction
- Homes from $250,000 to $750,000
- Independent living apartments & cottages
- Future site for YMCA facility
- Future site for Osprey Village campus
- Will include both master community amenities as well as individual neighborhood recreational amenities
- Public beaches are 25 minutes away
- Wide variety of shopping in Old Town Bluffton and Tanger Outlets
- Fine and casual dining—including fresh local seafood
- Outdoor watersports—boating, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing
- Variety of private and public schools
- Award-winning golf at dozens of nearby semi-private clubs and public fee courses
- Healthcare through Urgent Care Bluffton and Beaufort Memorial Hospital, Memorial Health University Medical Center (Savannah)
- Airports – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport only 25 minutes away
To learn more about Lowcountry living experience near East Argent, visit the following: